For people who need great music with powerful voluminous bass, subwoofers are must-haves. The 15 inch subwoofer models ensure that they produce an impressive amount of sound that smaller subwoofers fail to match up to. Here we take our time to review the best 15 inch subwoofer under 200 USD.
That said it is also essential to know that a subwoofer of this dimension needs to be able to strike a balance between power and precision.
This balance can be achieved and the right product purchased if a few features are taken into consideration. Here are a few features to consider before investing in a 15 inch subwoofer.
Best 15 Inch subwoofer review- What to look for?
Efficiency, output and stability are the three most important factors that decide a subwoofer’s overall performance. A good 15 inch subwoofer should be able to enhance low audio frequencies without excessive consumption of resources or posing a threat to its own stability.
Related: Best 18 Inch Subwoofer For The money
There are four essential categories that must be taken care of before selecting the best 15 inch subwoofer:
Sensitivity and Power:
More than peak wattage, a subwoofer’s consistent average power decides its regular output and its performance levels.
A 15 inch subwoofer should ideally have an efficiency of 750 watts or higher. This is what an individual seeking a good output looks for in a 15 inch model.
The primary function of a subwoofer is to enhance sounds with very low frequencies. The best way to find out a good subwoofer is to find one with a lower standard range that will be more effective.
A subwoofer owes its sound and power to its voice coils. Their design and housing directly affect their efficiency and effectiveness of a speaker.
While an alternating current flows, a certain resistance is offered by the subwoofer. Nominal Impedance is a measure of this resistance. The fewer the ohms, the more efficient is the speaker since there is lesser resistance.
Power Acoustik MOFO-154X MOFO 15-Inch Dual 4-Ohm VC 3000 Watt Pro Subwoofer
This 15 inch subwoofer has a dust cap with aluminium stiffeners. Its cast aluminium basket and enhanced bottom octave output ensure that the subwoofer is louder than its counterparts.
Its dust cap keeps the high efficiency voice coil cool and the composite sandwich paper that comes along with the subwoofer helps to eliminate cone flex during low bass and high excursion.
This subwoofer has all the qualities of the best 15 inch subwoofer, with wattage of 3000, 4 ohm that would lead to lesser resistance and is also quite affordable. With such attractive features, this is clearly the best 15 inch subwoofer in the market at the moment.
Do You Swear By Great Music? Here’s The Best 15 Subwoofer Review For You
Best 15 inch Subwoofer under $200
Power Acoustik MOFO 15-Inch Competition Subwoofer
Have you been hunting for high volume and great performing subwoofers? Well, the market will make you dizzy with lots of options and force you to narrow down your choices.
That might bring you to Power Acoustik MOFO 15-Inch Competition Subwoofer from Epsilon Electronics Inc. That is guaranteed to give you the boom you expect from a quality subwoofer.
Features of Power Acoustik MOFO 15-Inch Competition Subwoofer
The Power Acoustik Subwoofer comes packed with high power features that will persuade you into getting one. The best highlights of this subwoofer include:
- The subwoofer is power packed with 3000 Watts Max or 1700 Watts RMS.
- The design flaunts a 2.5″ four-layered coil coming on aluminum former. It has an 8GA compression wire terminals that are plated with nickel.
- The woofer is dual stacked with a 340 Oz Strontium Ferrite magnets and 2 Ohm voice coils.
- This is a 15″ competition woofer with a 4 spline heat-sink that is yet to be patented.
- It has aluminum reinforcement fins that hold an aluminum dust cap.
- It has dual conex spiders and is surrounded with UV coated foam.
This subwoofer will be added advantage to your car or home stereo and often clients get vented subwoofer box to give boost to home speaker. Amazon customers rated this product 4.2 out of 5 stars and have vouched excellent experience with it.
|Manufacturer.||Epsilon Electronics Inc|
|Dimensions||9 x 9 x 9 inches|
Pros of Power Acoustik MOFO 15-Inch Competition Subwoofer
The Power Acoustic subwoofer ranks best due to:
- The amazing sound quality that you get. It is way better than other comparative competition subwoofers.
- The quality of your audio experience is considerably influenced by this product and that too at a favorable price than others with similar voice quality.
- Redone kits are manufactured by the brand for repair solutions; hence there are no breakdown worries.
Though the subwoofer gives high power output, some might find that it is not enough. That is clearly a personal choice.
Also there were few clients who had experience of the product needing replacement within weeks after purchase.
These cases could be due to faulty connections and there are return options for retailers like Amazon. Apart from that, the product comes with a 90 day warranty.
If you are looking for high power at a low budget, Power Acoustik MOFO 15-Inch Competition Subwoofer is your best bet. This makes an amazing purchase, is worth the money and offers gives excellent quality; all at a reasonable cost.
Massive Audio HIPPO152 – 15″ Woofer 4000W Dvc 2 OHM 2000W RMS Massiv
Massive audio launches the hippo series (HIPPO 152) dual 2 Ohm sub woofer that can revolutionize your musical experience. With a 2000watts RMS and a peak of 4000 watts, these subs will stand true to their name – be massive!
What to look out for!
- The dual voice coils are built for flexibility and handling the ohm levels of the electrical system as well.
- A 2000 watt RMS needs you to fit an amplifier that can really handle these beasts. Their impact is best felt through such high power amplifiers.
- The subs are made of kevlar fiber, reinforced polymers that are durable and stylish to look.
- The non pressed paper cone and the reinforced surrounding edge have a professional touch.
- The basket frame is made of die cast alloy that would hold up durably.
- The strontium magnet is meant for high energy usage.
- The gasket and the dust cap give the finishing touch to these woofers while still serving their respective purposes well.
- The edges are stitched to the cone to add more strength.
- These subs could draw power immensely and totally drain out your car batteries if you are not geared for it. So be wary and don’t underestimate their power hunger.
- The quality of the basket frame greatly impacts the quality of music from the subs. Massive ensures you get the best in these subs.
- The dust caps are reinforced with fiberglass built for high power applications.
- What holds up the magnet in place is the quality boot that would let the whole unit work best.
- The spider is made of nomex fiber. This polymer is meant to give flexibility as well as durability to the products.
You need to choose the right vent box for these subs. A 3/4” MDF box would do though a 1”MDF box could best suit these woofers. Subs work best when stationed well in a box.
So choose your sealed and vented enclosures accordingly. You could also place the MDF board under the rear seat to fit these woofers.
If you are an amateur, you may need technical help here as there are no specific instructions about ways to fit the subs.
The power hunger of this model could make you think twice before you would want to invest in these woofers. But with blaring impact, HIPPO series could blow you away.
Kicker Comp 07C154 15-Inch 4-Ohm Subwoofer Review
The ASC bass unit that can rattle you up!
American Sound Connection brings in exceptional bass with the Kicker Comp 07C154 15-Inch 4-Ohm Subwoofer.
The product features are as follows.
- The package contains a dual sub woofer box of 15”
- A 15” kicker C15 sub woofer that has RMS power of 250 watts and a peak power of 500 watts.
- With a sensitivity of 90.3, these woofers respond to 25-500 Hz.
- The impedance is a single 4 Ohm.
- The mounting depth and cutout are 7-7/16” and 13-11/16” respectively.
- The vented sub box is built with a mounting depth of 17” and an air space of 2.4 cubic feet per sub is provided.
- The 1” MDF holds up the whole set up in a sturdy way.
- Built with dimensions of 36”*16-1/2”*18* (W*H*D)
- The product has a finishing touch with the gray carpet and a high quality binding terminal cup.
Pros of Kicker Comp 07C154 15-Inch 4-Ohm Subwoofer
- Kicker C15 can hit you hard on your head with the kind of bass effect that it creates.
- The high quality 1”MDF catches even small sounds that would otherwise get lost in the higher bass notes. If you are looking for those large woofers that would make your car shake, then you have made the right choice.
- The subs are wired separately and on either side of the box there is a terminal.
- You can also wire this to a mono-block amplifier. In mono block amplifiers there is no bridging as there is only 1 channel. The outputs will let you connect to multiple woofers. But the choice of these woofers should be based on the ohm load capacity.
- Hooking the amplifiers needs a bit of technical help for beginners since there are no instruction manuals for it. If you are getting it shipped over long distance, it would be ideal to specify packing instructions. Some orders tend to get shaken up over transit.
- These woofers are quite big and do not suit smaller cars. The 15” space that these occupy cannot be replaced by another woofer box too, as that would affect the quality of your music.
The unit is specifically designed to amplify and enhance your low frequency bass sounds and capture both the high and low notes.
The low audio range of these sub woofers really lets you enjoy the music. With immense clarity of notes and an enclosure box that prevents noise distortion, this is the product that you might be looking for to enjoy great music.
Kicker C154 250W 15″ Comp Series Single 4 ohm Subwoofer
Kicker C154 250W 15″ Comp Series Single Subwoofer: Kick The Bass Out Loud!
The Kicker Comp is for those who love to enjoy the bass, but are on a tight budget. Audiophiles who need some kicker bass should go for this technologically advanced Kicker C154 Comp series single subwoofer.
The woofer has the unique feature of having an extremely rigid injection molded cone with s traditional yellow and black design that the brand has patronized over time. This system offers right balance between high performance and value.
Features of Kicker C154 250W 15″ Comp Series Single 4 ohm Subwoofer
The Kicker subwoofer features:
- 15″ 4 Ohm single competition series subwoofer with 500 Watts power and an RMS of 250 Watts.
- It also highlights the feature of having injection molded, rigid cone with optimized Polyfoam ribbed surround.
- The 36 degree back-bracing will eliminate distortions.
- The woofer is designed for high durability since it has double stitched surround.
- Kicker’s high end Spiralead technology enables weaving tinsel leads into spider.
- There is single high temperature voice coil dissipating heat for prolonged performance.
Kicker Comp Subwoofer is designed to handle loud applications and holds 1 year manufacturer’s warranty. They are one of the best competitors in the subwoofer market and are sold by Amazon, eBay etc. It is rated 4.4 out of 5 among Amazon customers.
|Dimensions||16 x 16.5 x 9 inches|
Pros of Kicker C154 250W 15″ Comp Series Single 4 ohm Subwoofer
The Kicker C154 subwoofer is a high performer. Owning one, as a bass lover, will give you the following benefits:
- Experience the loud power of the 15” woofer added with a big box to use it to its fullest potential.
- Along with an amplifier, it could hit notes even deeper than 12″ woofers.
- High power comes at a cost that fits well into your budget and is worth invested in for its features.
- Even at thundering bass, it plays real smooth and extremely loud that could be heard blocks away.
- It has high temperature coil wire vented pole for optimum heat dissipation, enhancing durability.
The speaker is loaded with benefits, but its size could pose a problem for small spaces. Since the size is big, it might need a bigger box too but considering all the benefits that it has to offer, this shouldn’t be a factor too big to worry about.
If you are looking for a subwoofer that does not compromise on quality due to low pricing, the Kicker 10C154 subwoofer will do the trick for you. Packed to powered performance, this will give you the bass spirit you will ever expect from your system.
Lanzar MAXP154D Max Pro 15-Inch 2000-Watt Small-Enclosure Dual 4-Ohm Subwoofer
Lanzar Max Pro for A Pounding Performance
This time around, Lanzar Max Pro is all set to pound your ears with the 15 inch, 4 Ohm sub woofer built for small enclosures with a maximum capacity of 2000 watts.
Features of Lanzar MAXP154D Max Pro 15-Inch 2000-Watt Small-Enclosure Dual 4-Ohm Subwoofer
- Size of the speaker is 15 inches.
- The voice coil is a 4 Ohm (dual) with 100 oz each.
- The magnets are double stacked.
- The magnet boot specially designed of rubber.
- The steel basket is built as light weight and durable.
- Motor structure is vented and bumped to ensure long life.
- Finishing touch has suspended foam edge and non pressed cone for finer looks.
What you would love about this product
- Check out the performance. Literally pounds into your ears when aptly placed in enclosures.
This product can enhance your audio system in a huge way.
- Works great for the reasonable price you pay. Ideal for a budget shopper.
- Perfect for smaller spaces. Does not occupy much of your space.
- Ideal for car audio. You can opt to place it either under the car seat or behind it to get maximum boom power.
- Rubber suspension that enhances your sound quality and does not wear out easily.
- The coil has a high temperature and can hold up heat much better than other brands.
- The vented motor structure makes it more durable.
- The steel basket makes it light in weight and further enhances its durability.
Some aspects to look out for
- These beasts work best with the right enclosures. Make the right one to hear the lower frequencies.
- There is no instruction manual to help beginners. So if you are confused with the connection, take no chances.
- The terminals of some other brands are known to have better finish.
- The overall product looks quite beefy than in actual feel and hold.
- The voice coils are really not meant for rough use. They need good maintenance.
- Shipping could play havoc with your product at times. A dust cap that needs gluing here or a magnet cover that’s rattling there. But nothing major that you cannot fix!
Looking at what this product actually delivers to you for the price; it seems to be a worthy buy. If you can make up the right enclosure with the air space that’s ideal for this product, you are sure to rock the show!
Power Acoustik MOFO-154X MOFO 15-Inch Dual 4-Ohm VC 3000 Watt Pro Subwoofer
Irresistible Features At An Affordable Price- Power Acoustik MOFO 154X Is The Best 15 Inch Subwoofer You Could Lay Your Hands On
Power Acoustik MOFO 154X is the subwoofer that will revolutionize your musical experiences. With a peak power rating of 3000 watts and an RMS of 1700 watts, this one in the MOFO series belts out the best performance that no other subwoofer in this range would be able to offer. It is powerful and produces ground shaking bass. It is made of non-pressed pulp cone and is surrounded by polyether foam. Along with these features, it is equipped with a dual 21/2 inch Voice Coil and a strontium magnet structure of 170 ounce. Its features are listed below in details:
Features of Power Acoustik MOFO-154X MOFO 15-Inch
- It is a 15 inch Dual 4 ohm subwoofer
- Its power handling includes-
Peak: 3000 watts
RMS: 1700 watts
- Nominal Impedance: Dual ohm
- It has a non-pressed pulp cone
- It is surrounded by polyether foam for enhanced excursion
- Its frame is die cast aluminium
- It has a dual 21/2 inch 4 layer voice coil
- It has an anodized aluminium former
- Attractive look- royal blue in colour with diamond cut accents
- It has a nickel painted 8 gauge compression wire terminal
- Strontium ferrite magnet weighs 170 ounce
- It has dual poly cotton spiders
- Its pole piece is vented
Things that we like about it:
Its peak power rating ensures ground shaking bass. With this your car’s audio system will change forever.
- The non-pressed pulp cone and polyether foam surround ensures durability.
- The composite sandwich paper cone includes a dustcap with aluminium stiffeners that erases the possibility of cone flex both during low bass and high excursion.
- The dust cap helps in cooling the high efficiency voice coil.
- Its cast aluminium basket and increased bottom octave output ensures that the subwoofer is louder and more powerful.
- It is a good alternative to expensive subwoofers
Things we don’t like:
- The sound might be too much for certain cities and their noise disturbance laws. It is better to keep a check there.
- Risky to push 1700 RMS because it might blow up.
With such amazing features and a powerful motor, Power Acoustik MOFO 154*15 is probably your best bet if you are on a budget.
The price makes it all the more irresistible because other CEA rated subwoofers would cost a bomb in comparison to the features that this product offers. This is a must-have for those who cannot do without great music in their cars.
Skar Audio ZVX-18v2 18″ 1500 Watt RMS Dual 2 Ohm Subwoofer Review
Skar Audio ZVX-18v2 18″ 1500 Watt RMS Dual 2 Ohm Subwoofer: Pump Up The Spirit With No Breaks
Skar Audio has given us yet another star rated product- the Skar Audio ZVX-18v2. This is one of the best daily usage woofers in the market that has capacity to be pushed beyond limits. It can bring in power and performance at a competitive level as well as for other music applications.
Features of Skar Audio ZVX-18v2 18″ 1500 Watt RMS Dual 2 Ohm Subwoofer
Skar ZVX-18v2 is a highly capable subwoofer that can be utilized to its fullest potential; yet give you the same quality output. The major highlights are:
- There is 1500 Watts power in this 18″ ZVXv2 woofer.
- It has 3″/ 8 layer flat wound CCAW voice coil.
- The design incorporates competition grade paper cone with design for ultra-low distortion.
- The surround system high rolls, being stitched to competition grade paper cone makes it a strong speaker.
- The product features highly efficient cooling system, enabling it to work for prolonged periods.
- It flaunts heavy duty speaker push terminals.
The system comes with a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty. This product is highly powerful, upgraded version of Skar series of subwoofers that was introduced in the market around 2 years back. It is made available with retailers like eBay and Amazon.
|Dimensions||18.2 x 18.2 x 15.2 inches|
Pros of Skar Audio ZVX-18v2 18″ 1500 Watt RMS Dual 2 Ohm Subwoofer
The Skar ZVXv2 subwoofer series comes with 1500 watts power and owning one entitles you to enjoy:
- A highly capable and efficient subwoofer that can be pushed to its limit, but still gives the output you will enjoy.
- Parameters in the woofer are set in such a way that the system performs on an excellent mark in a competitive bracket.
- Inbuilt cooling system enables it to work for longer periods without fail.
- System can be used without affecting the sound quality on variety of other musical applications.
This is the meanest, most powerful and loudest product by Skar that could keep up with your needs related to sound quality and frequency of usage.
Cons of Skar Audio ZVX-18v2 18″ 1500 Watt RMS Dual 2 Ohm Subwoofer
There are a few shortcomings that people have noticed:
- The low power might be a deterrent to sound lovers but the quality of sound makes up for it.
- It may not give the kind of boom that most wish for in their system but is good enough for everyday use.
If you are looking for a regular subwoofer which you have to use on a daily basis and for prolonged time periods, this could be an ideal choice. There is no way this system will let you down apart from the low power, if you are willing to compromise on that.