JBL GTO1014D 10-Inch Die-Cast Dual-Voice-Coil Subwoofer Review
For Those Who Love To Blast Music On The Move – JBL GTO1014D 10-Inch Die-Cast Dual-Voice-Coil Subwoofer
For those people out there who love listening to their music really loud, but see no reason that the volume should interfere with the quality of sound.
Another powerful product: JL Audio 12W1v3-2 12- Inch Series Mobile Subwoofer Driver
It is essential to choose a car subwoofer which not only delivers the low bass tones at a high volume (i.e. it has a high Sound Pressure Levels (SPLs)) but also at great clarity and crispness (high Sound Quality (SQ)).
If you are one such person, the JBL GTO1014D 10-Inch Die-Cast Dual-Voice-Coil Subwoofer is designed just for you.
Made by Harman International, the JBL brand of subwoofers have always been associated with quality and powerful sounds.
Features of JBL GTO1014D
- It is a 10” die-cast Sub-Woofer
- It has dual 4Ω voice coils
- It has die-cast aluminium frame and a heavy duty dust cap.
- The woofer cone is made of Polypropylene.
- The woofer cone is surrounded by high roll rubber.
- It has a progressive spider design
- It has a power handling capacity of 50 – 350 watts RMS and max power of 1400 watts
- It has a sensitivity of 91 dB at 2.83 volts.
- The sub-woofer has a frequency range of 25 – 400 Hz.
- It has a Tinsel Wire Protector and dual binding post terminals.
- Recommended sealed box volume: 0.75 cu. Ft & ported box volume: 1.25 cu. Ft
- Product dimensions of 8 x 10 x 10 inches and weighs 13.9 pounds.
- It comes with a one year warranty
- Priced at $70-$80 on Amazon.com
- Rated at 4 stars on Amazon.
What we like about JBL GTO1014D
- This JBL subwoofer produces a powerful and deep bass sounds thanks to the die cast aluminium frame which is designed to ensure maximum cone excursion.
- The dual 4Ω voice coils ensure that the user has flexibility to choose between a 2Ω or an 8Ω operation.
- It is one of the few sub woofers which can deliver a loud sound without losing the clarity and the depth of the bass.
- The high roll rubber surrounding the polypropylene woofer cone ensures that there are no cone distortions and so the quality of sound delivered in powerful and consistent. It also ensures control over long throw linearity.
- We like the fact that this model comes with a Tinsel wire protector which strengthens the critical joint between the cone, the voice coil and the spider to withstand the high stress caused due to movement.
- The progressive spider design ensures better control and lower distortions even at excursion limits.
- This subwoofer has one of the lowest recommended cabinet sizes which will fit into any of the cars on the road today.
What we don’t like about this product?
- These subwoofers are rather ugly as compared to the other sleeker products in the market today.
The JBL GTO1014D subwoofer delivers a high level of decibel sounds without compromising on the quality or depth of the bass sounds.
It delivers the entire frequency range with great efficiency and delivers a consistent and accurate bass tone especially for those who love to listen to their music while on the move.